RECEPTION AND BAR MANAGER- MATERNITY COVER
Reports to: Liz Witham, Operations Manager.
Based at: Sandown Sports, More Lane, Esher, Surrey KT10 8AN.
To plan, develop, co-ordinate and carry out the day to day running of tasks on reception and the bar. To ensure the smoothest operation in accordance with agreed business needs. To ensure all staff are providing a continuous and identical level of service to our customers, to the highest quality.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Oversee the day to day task setting at reception, the bar and the kitchen
- Training (and on-going training), and recruiting of new staff on reception and bar/kitchen.
- Effective day to day management and co-ordination of the bar and reception staff to ensure they are completing their set tasks.
- To work with and develop our current daily, weekly and monthly task schedules to ensure the most effective and streamline performance.
- Ensure all processes and staff are health and safety compliant
- Designing rotas for the bar and reception and keeping within staffing budgets
- Responsible for the enquiries and booking of functions, overseeing and prepping for them (to include ordering any pre ordered drinks, special requests etc, and feeding this information to the staff for the evening to run smoothly).
- Plan, promote and organise events in the bar.
- Bar and food stock ordering/monitoring
- Developing and managing use of our membership system to retain and increase our membership base. Increasing the amount of report usage
- Hold monthly team meetings for training and development
- Develop the staff and ensure quarterly and annual reviews and goal setting are implemented, using KPIs to monitor.
- Strive towards increasing bar profits, membership and upselling membership to pay-as-you-go class participants.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or call 1372 467133
SANDOWN BAR/CAFE TEAM MEMBERS – part time
Job type: Part Time
Job Location: Esher KT10
Required Experience: Customer service- 1 year. Bar or Cafe- 1 year
At Sandown Sports, it is the people that make us stand out. We are looking to recruit more team members for our on site Cafe/Bar. We are looking for people who are happy, warm, positive, and with a genuine desire to work with others.
As a full time/part time Sandown Cafe Team Member you will be working anything from 15 + hours for part time and 30 + hours per week for full time, including weekends and evenings so flexibility is key. You will also need to work extra hours to cover functions.
We would prefer you to have bar or cafe experience and preference will be given to trained Barista with experience of serving hot food, such as soups or paninis. That said, if you have great attitude, huge energy and love customers then we are happy to train you.
Sandown Sports is currently under a large refurbishment so there will be room for career development as we grow. We hold numerous events including charity events, work record attempts and quiz nights. We are always trying something new so there is plenty of opportunity to shine.
Our Cafe is also licensed so you will need to be over 18. Due to our location your own transport is desirable.
We pay our wonderful team members £7.50 – £8.50 per hour depending on experience with free sports centre membership and access to all of our sports facilities when off shift.
Please forward you CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 467133
INDOOR CYCLING INSTRUCTION
Sandown Sports are looking for top class indoor cycling instructors to become part of our teaching team, for our brand new cycle studio due to open in September.
You will have bags of energy, an enthusiasm for teaching and be very customer focused to deliver the best cycle classes in the area.
You will be qualified, first aid trained, fully insured and have at least 6 months experience.
Audition date to be advised.
Please forward your cv and a covering letter to email@example.com or call 01372467133
Owing to a very exciting refurbishment of the club, we have a new part time position available which will offer approximately 20-30 hours per week. These will be a combination of open up shifts (to start at 6am Monday to Friday), evenings (until 10.30pm) and weekend shifts are included in this role.
You will be our first point of contact for members and potential members. You will meet and greet, check in members and their guests, answer phones, general inquiries and sell memberships. You will also be required to help in the bar where you will serve coffees, teas , beers and wines where necessary.
Applicants should be over 18, confident when serving and talking to people, flexible, and well presented. It is preferable applicants have a driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the nature of the hours and location of the club. Customer service experience desirable.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372467133
If you’re interested and want to join our dynamic team, then please send your CV over to email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted