I don’t know about you, but as a child pancake day was one of my favourite days of the year.
A great excuse to go home from school and stuff your face with as many pancakes as you
could, as well as a great time to mess around whilst making the pancakes with your siblings,
friends or parents. Even now, as an adult, I still view it as a chance to have fun, (attempt) to
flip some pancakes, and treat myself to some sugary goodness…
As we get older, we definitely start to become more aware of the calories going into our
favourite sweet treats, so below you will find my go-to pancake recipe, filled with some
slightly better ingredients (and even one of your 5-a-day!).
These pancakes are super tasty, sweet, and filling meaning it’s a bit harder to over-indulge!
Keep reading for the ingredients, recipe and nutritional info.
Ingredients: (For one serving, which makes around 3 crepe style pancakes)
● 1 egg
● 1 ripe banana (the riper the better)
● 2 tbsp (20g) plain flour
● 150ml Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any alternative)
● ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
Method: (pay attention this one is really tricky…)
● Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, I used a nutribullet (I told you
it was hard)
● Blend ingredients until you get a light, runny batter (if it’s still a little thick then just
add more milk, 1tbsp at a time)
● Heat a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil
● Pour in enough of the batter to cover the pan with a thin layer of mixture.
● Keeping the hob on a low temperature, fry the pancake until air bubbles start to
appear on the top and the edges start to curl up. This means it’s time to flip!
● Carefully use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for a further minute or so
● Practice your pancake flipping skills before arranging on a plate and covering with
your favourite toppings – I chose to go for berries and maple syrup!
Nutritional Info: (The figures are based on one serving as per the ingredients above, and do
not include any toppings)
Interested in learning more about how nutrition can make or break your goals in the gym?
Click the link here fill out the form and one of our amazing personal trainers will give you a call with all the
information about our personal training packages.